All About Aviation is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) –All About Aviation
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged. Also, IP address and login/logout activity will be collected so that the security of our services is ensured, for instance, if someone tries to log into the website multiple times from a certain IP in a short period of time, i.e. 5 minutes, this attempt might be considered malicious and based on that type of activity tracking, the next effort will be blocked, this is applied mainly to protect the rest of our users and services.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here. Such information is the visitation info on the website via services like Google Analytics.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- protect our users and services from malicious attacks
- implement our law-related obligations for taxes and economics, referring to data such as billing info, invoices and receipts.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- to enhance our security of users and services
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
- to implement our legal-bound obligations towards the tax law in our Country.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than the period of time for which our relation with you is active or until you ask us to remove your data, or at most for 5 years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
|Section of data||Processing Partner|
|Google Analytics for visitor tracking and statistical analysis of the website visitors and tracking||Provided by Google https://analytics.google.com
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
|Flight and payment info||Handled by our partner, Air Business International|
Our business partners:
Your personal data are not distributed to any business partners we might have.
Connected third parties:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, for instance, if someone tries to log into the website multiple times from a certain IP in a short period of time, i.e. 5 minutes, this attempt might be considered malicious and based on that type of activity tracking, the next effort will be blocked, this is applied mainly to protect the rest of our users and services.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches within 72 hours from our perception of the breach. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur. We are also always on the lookout to choose the best services related to your data in terms of data security.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Access your data and request deletion, the right to be forgotten
- You can access your data via the link on our website titled “Privacy Tools” in our website’s footer, via your email address you will be able to download your data. Alternatively you can email us in the Data Protection Officer email address mentioned below asking for a copy of your data.
- You can delete your account in the same manner. Also you can ask our Data Protection Officer to delete all your data from our systems but please note that we are legally obliged to keep tax-related records for at least 5 years as per law requirements.
- As part of our store, you can follow the same process mentioned above or again ask our Data Protection Officer to remove your records from our system, same legal obligations apply.
Website-collected data and consent
- You cannot submit a form on our website if you don’t explicitly accept these terms, a checkbox has been implemented on every form on our website
- You are informed of cookie-related usage once visited our website and until you click accept.
- You cannot submit an order on our online store unless you accept the terms, a checkbox has been implemented on the checkout process of our website.
You can send us your question or deleting request at any time, to our Data Protection Officer mentioned above, so to remove all your data or get information on how your personal data are being used, if the explanation on this policy is not enough.
Data Protection Officer
As our Data Protection Officer you can contact the following person via email or phone to state your need for your data or questions that you might have :
+30 210 996 7870
You can contact our DPO within business hours, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, Easter European Time ( Athens, Greece ).
Hellenic Data Protection Authority (HDPA)
Data Protection Authority Offices:
Kifissias 1-3, 115 23 Athens, Greece
Call Centre: +30-210 6475600
Fax: +30-210 6475628
Last modification was made May 16th 2018